Green Planet is a real oasis in the desert, recreating an unbelievable South American Amazon rainforest ecosystem. This expansive glass biodome at City Walk sprawls over an area of about 60,000 square feet and is home to more than 3000 unique species of flora and fauna, from hyacinth macaw, toco toucan with orange beeks, and coy nocturnal porcupines to crocodile lizards and snakes. Developed by Meraas and operated by ZoOceanarium Group, it has an elegant cylinder shape, with its exterior appearing like a folded piece of origami paper.
Designed down to the minutest detail with absolute real-like rainforest features, a visit to Green Planet would apparently give you a feel of exploring an authentic tropical forest. The major draw is a massive 25-meter-high artificial Kapok style tree that stands tall and widespread within the facility. Made up of vines and figs, it’s the largest of its kind in the world and acts as a life-sustaining tree, sheltering many exotic plant, animal, and bird species. A scintillating waterfall attached to the tree adds to the charm, besides filling the air with cool mist.
With this tree right at the center of the biodome, it has covered all elements of an ecosystem, thanks to its four levels such as Flooded Rainforest, Forest Floor, the Midstory, and the Canopy. In fact, you’re sure to find some incredible surprises at its every turn, from the Australian Walkabout and the Bat Cave to the Sloth Encounter, Sugar Glider Encounter and Reptile Encounter. What’s more; you’ll even get to touch and hold a real python.
You can explore these levels at a greater ease either by using spiral walkway built around the tree or via boarding an elevator. If you’re adventurist, don’t miss the chance to walk along a rope suspension bridge that leads you to a tree house while giving you the unrivaled and up-close views of the artificial tree. So to experience lush greenery and cool ambience in the middle of the scorching desert city, a trip to Green Planet is a must-do while in Dubai, especially if you’re a nature enthusiast or traveling with your family and kids.
- Children under 3 years will be considered as infant and entry will be free of cost.
- Children aged from 3 to 10 years will be considered as child and charged child rate.
- Children above age 10 will be considered as an adult and charged adult rate.
- All Cancellations made 24 hours prior to the Tour departure time NO charges will be applicable
- If Cancellation made within 24 hours to your Tour departure time 100% charges will be applicable, because food will be ordered.
- If eligible for Refund your Amount will be returned back to your Account within 7 working days.